Sunday, July 15, 2012

My sewing incapabities!

Yes I can sew with a machine and by hand. But the machine I have is male-dominated and only works when it feels like it. You know what I mean. I have tried talking nice to it, whispered sweet nothings to it, and yes even once or twice swore at it. I dread pulling it out to make anything and yet will not buy a new one.

You see this was my late mother's sewing machine and I know somewhere up there she is looking down on me rolling her eyes at me. You know the look; I do it to my girls.

For quite some time my youngest daughter had been bugging me to make her a purse. I have made some before but she wanted something different then what I am use to making. I couldn't take it any longer so I pulled the before mentioned sewing machine out and just winged it. This is what I came up with! I think my mom would be proud!!!

5 comments:

  1. Great job, Shannon. Very pretty! I am sure your daughter is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great job!!! Great memory too for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look out Vera Bradley!! Here Comes Shannon!! AWESOME job! Did the sewing machine survive too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute purse and I think your Mom would be proud too, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL... yeh, I know what ya mean. Looks like you said the right thing. The purse looks wonderful :)
    Hugs~Carol

    ReplyDelete